It's been "Fabulous February" at our school this month, and to end it all, we had a Friday staff breakfast. If you don't know me by now, I LOVE to try new recipes for crowds. This was no exception and WOW was it a-mazing! Definitely a keeper! It ended up tasting like a cross between monkey bread and bread pudding (both of which are awesome!) The original recipe came from here, but of course, I altered it a bit. SOooo without further adieu....
Crockpot French Toast
* Enough diced bread (of your choosing, I personally used day old bread from Kroger and some hotdog buns) to fill a 4-5qt. lined and sprayed crockpot
* 4 large eggs and 8 medium eggs
* 3-4 cups 1% milk (or whatever you like)
* 1 tsp. cinnamon
* 1/2 cup light whipped butter
* 3/4 cup brown sugar
* 2 tsp. cinnamon
* 1/2 cup chopped pecans
1. Spray a lined crockpot (or bowl if the inner part of your crockpot cannot be removed) with butter spray (or olive oil spray). Dice up bread and add to the pot.
2. In a separate bowl wisk together eggs, milk, and cinnamon.
3. Pour egg mix over bread and mix.
4. Put bread mix in the fridge and let soak overnight or at least 4 hours.
5. In a separate bowl combine topping mix and place in fridge until ready to cook the french toast.
6. Place bread mix into your crockpot, add topping and bake for 4 hours on low.
7. Let sit 20 minutes and serve warm.