Today was the October Dip Day at school, so, as usual, I had to try out a new dip! This was a Pinterest find that I adapted to be a little more health-savy and produce a larger amount. The original recipe can be found here.
Pizza Dip... in the Crock!
* 2 (8oz) blocks of reduced fat cream cheese
* 2 tsp. italian seasoning
* 2 tsp. garlic powder (I used my Melting Pot Garlic & Wine seaoning)
* 2 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded (reserve 1/2 cup)
* 3/4 cup parmesan cheese (I actually forgot this ingredient and it didn't matter!)
* 2 (8oz.) jars pizza sauce
* 3/4 cup turkey pepperoni slices, cut into fourths
1. Put all ingrients into the crock EXCEPT the 1/2c. mozzarella and pepperonis.
2. Cook on low for an hour, then stir.
3. Add in pepperonis and continue to cook on low for another hour.
4. Turn to warm and top with reserved cheese and any additional pepperonis.
5. Serve hot!