Saturday, November 10, 2012

Green Bean Casserole (Crock Pot)

So I've never made green bean casserole, but have been dying to try it! Today I am going to a Thanksgiving lunch with some friends and thought I would give it a try. I was going to go the traditional route, but then I thought, CROCK POT! Everything tastes better in the crock pot! Of course it pains me to use full fat ingrediens, so I lightened it up a bit. The original recipe can be found here.

Green Bean Casserole



Ingredients:
* 1 can Campbell's condensed heart healthy cream of mushroom soup (Did you know the heart healthy version is lower than the fat free??)
* 1 can Campbell's condensed heart healthy cream of celery soup
* 2 (12oz) bags frozen cut green beans
* 1/3 cup 1% milk
* 1/4 tsp. salt
* 1/4 tsp. pepper
* 1 (2.8oz) can French Fried Onions


Directions:

Prep: Spray crock pot with nonstick spray.

1. Mix frozen green beans with both cans of soup and 1/3c. milk in the crock pot.

2. Sprinkle 1/4t. salt and 1/4t. pepper over the top. Add half of the can of french fried onions.

3. Cook on low 5-6 hours.




Breakdown: (1/10th of the recipe=4WWPP)
145cal
6.5g fat
17.9 carbs
1.5g fiber
4.2g sugar
1.5g protein


No comments:

Post a Comment