This is an AWESOME recipe! I made these for a fourth of July party and they were a hit! The recipe comes from Hungry Girl's book, 200 Under 200: 200 Recipes Under 200 Calories.
Each cupcake has 4 WWPP points, and it is worth every point!!
(When I took the pics to go with this I doubled the recipe, the actual recipe only yields 12-14 cupcakes)
*1 cup moist-style devil's food cake mix
*1 cup moist-style yellow cake mix
*Two 25-calorie packets diet hot cocoa mix
*1/2 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute
*1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
*1 tbsp. red food coloring (I actually didn't have enough, so that is why the cake isn't quite as red as it should be)
*1 tsp. Splenda No Cal granulated sweetener
*1/8 tsp. salt
*6 tbsp. marshmallow creme
*6 tbsp. fat free cool whip, thawed
*1/4 cup fat-free cream, room temperature
*1 tbsp. Spenda No Cal granulated sweetener
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine all frosting ingredients except for the Cool Whip. Fold in Cool Whip and refrigerate until cupcakes are ready to be frosted.
3. In a tall glass, place half of the mini chocolate chips and the contents of both cocoa packets.
4. Add 1/2 cup boiling water.
5. Mix until cocoa mix dissolves.
6. Add 1 cup cold water and mix well. Pour mixture into a bowl. Add cake mixes.
7. Add egg substitutes, remaining chocolate chips, food coloring, Splenda and salt. Whisk about 2 minutes until smooth and blended. **note: batter will be very thin, but that is ok!
8. Line 12-cup muffin pan with baking cups and/or spray with nonstick spray. Evenly distribute batter among the cups.
9. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Cupcakes will look shiny when done.
10. Allow cupcakes to cool completely, then evenly distribute frosting over tops. (In this case I added 4th of July sprinkles for the party!)