My tomatoes are coming in LIKE CRAZY...Basil is way overgrown...so what better thing to do than to buy some mozzarella and make caprese salad.....but not just any caprese salad, because I have had too much of that this summer and am bored. I found a recipe that had other flavors and let me tell you, this is definitely a keeper! The original recipe can be found here. I lightened it up and added a few things to make it just right for my taste buds! I decided to turn my leftovers into a sandwich on my favorite italian bread, and that just took it to a whole other level! YUMMY!
Marinated Tomatoes & Mozzarella Salad
* ~1.5lb. tomatoes (I used a Bradley, sliced and a whole lotta cherry tomatoes quartered)
* Mozzarella cheese balls (I got 1 container and cut the balls into smaller pieces)
* 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
* about 10 large basil leaves
* 2 Tbsp. Red Wine Vinegar
* 2 Tbsp. Balsalmic Vinegar
* 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
* 1/2 tsp. pepper
* 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1. Combine vinegars, sugar, oil and all seasonings in a small bowl. Whisk.
2. Roll basil leaves and carefully cut into marinade. Mix well.
3. Add sliced tomatoes and cheese to a container that you can flip (like ziploc or glad).
4. Pour over marinade and carefully flip a few times.
5. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
6. Flip a couple times just before serving.