This recipe comes from one of my best friend's hubby's, Jon Michael St. Amant. THANKS!
* 2 cups all purpose flour
* 1/3 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
* 1 tablespoon baking powder
* 3/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup (1 stick) chilled unsalted butter, diced**
* 1 cup additives***
* 1/2 cup (or more) chilled whipping cream
* 1 large egg
**(I used light margarine)
***(I used semi-sweet chocolate chips, butterscotch, and pecans)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Sift all purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into medium bowl.
3. Add chilled butter; using fingertips, rub in until coarse meal forms. Mix in chips.
4. Whisk 1/2 cup cream and egg in small bowl to blend. Gradually add cream mixture to dry ingredients, tossing with fork until dough comes together in moist clumps. Add more cream by teaspoonfuls if dough is dry.
5. Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls onto large rimmed baking sheet, spacing apart.
6. Bake scones until golden brown and tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 10 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
***I have also made them with JUST butterscotch:
***And a big crowd pleaser is diced Reese's cups, pecans, and semi-sweet chips: