Monday, April 5, 2010

Warm Bacon Dressing

This is one of my FAVORITE things that my grandma makes! This Easter me and my mom tried out her recipe and it turned out good, but nothing is ever as good as Grandma's cookin! --Note: When I took the pics to go with the recipe I doubled the recipe--

Ingredients:
*4-5 slices of bacon
*1 egg
*1/2 cup sugar
*1 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
*1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
*1 cup water


Directions:

1. Cup up 4 to 5 slices of bacon with kitchen scissors and place in a saucepan to fry.


2. Fry the bacon until crispy and then pour off some of the fat. (NOT ALL)


3. Mix sugar and cornstarch.


4. Beat in the egg, vinegar and water.


5. Pour mixture into bacon and stir until thick.


6. We like to put this on EVERYTHING. It is made to be tossed with salad, but we like it on mashed potatoes, rolls, ham, turkey, pretty much anything and everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment