This was a Pinterest find that I actually saw on the Biggest Loser. The original recipe can be found here. If you don't like sweet potatoes, DO NOT let this recipe scare you aware! You can hardly taste it at all after you mix everything in. I really loved this recipe and I don't like straight mushy sweet potatoes. Definitely a keeper!! *I only used 2 sweet potatoes and just did about 3/4 of the beans and corn.
Mexican Stuffed Sweet Potato
* 3 medium sweet potatoes
* 1 can of corn, rinsed and dried
* ~1 Tbsp. Chili Powder
* 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
* 1 small sweet yellow onion, diced
* 1/4 cup salsa
* 1 oz. reduced fat cream cheese
* 1/4 cup fat free sour cream
* 1 (or more) tsp. salt
* 2 tsp. (or more) taco seasoning
* 1 (or more) tsp. ranch seasoning
* 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
* 6 Tbsp. 2% Mexican shredded cheese
1. Bake potatoes in oven at 375 degrees 45-60 minutes, or until soft.
2. While potatoes cook, brown onions over the stove. After they are translucent, add in corn. Cook for 2 more minutes, then sprinkle with chili powder.
3. Once potatoes are done, let sit 5-10 minutes, then cut in half and scoop out flesh leaving the skin.
4. Mix flesh, 1 oz. RF cream cheese, 1/4c. ff cream cheese, 1/4c. salsa, salt, taco seasoning, and ranch seasoning. (I used a stand-up mixer)
5. Add in corn/onion mix, beans, and cilantro.
6. Carefully place skins on a baking sheet and fill evenly with filling.
7. Carefully add 1 T. of shredded cheese to each potato.
5. Broil for 5-10 minutes.
5WWPP per serving!!