Monday, July 22, 2013

Blackberry Sangria

I LOVE all sangrias, but have been dying to try a blackberry sangria! I finally found a recipe that I was willing to try, and it was worth it!! 


Blackberry Sangria


Ingredients:
* 1 cup sugar
* 1 1/2 cup water
* 1.5 liter Red Rose
* 1.5 liter Merlot
* 2 cups Blackberry Brandy
* 1 orange
* 1 lemon
* 1 lime
* 2 cups blackberry

Directions:
1. Make simple syrup by combining sugar and water in a saucepan. Bring to med/high heat just until all of the sugar dissolves. Set aside until syrup cools.
2. In a large punch bowl combine wine and brandy. Squeeze orange and lemon and add peel to sangria. Squeeze lime, but throw away rind. Pour in blackberries.
3. Add simple syrup and let sit overnight.
4. Just before serving pour Sprite (or 7up Ten, Sprite zero, etc.)

*I made an ice ring with lemonade to melt in. It ended up being too sweet, so to balance it out, I added more wine and it was fine.




No comments:

Post a Comment