Thursday, July 4, 2013

Grandma's Lemon Pie

This pie is ALWAYS a favorite! Even Brian, who doesn't generally like any dessert involving fruit, loves this pie! For our 4th of July Cook-in on this rainy day, I thought I would whip one of these up! Of course I had to use some lighter alternatives, though Grandma would probably kill me if she knew, so I listed both sets of ingredients.



Ingredients:
Crust:
* 1 sleeve of graham crackers from the box
* 2 Tbsp. Sugar
* 1/2 stick of butter, melted (I used ~1/3 cup of Light Margarine)
Pie Filling:
* 1 box of instant lemon pudding
* 2 cups of whole milk (I used 2%)
* 1 block of cream cheese, softened (I used reduced fat)


Directions:
1. Crush graham crackers either in a blender or ziploc bag.

2. Add 2T. sugar and melted butter.
3. Mix well, then press 3/4 of the crumbs into pie pan. (reserve remaining crumbs for topping)
4. Mix all filling ingredients well with a mixer until filling has a smooth consistency.
5. Carefully pour filling into prepared graham cracker crust.
6. Top with remaining crumbs.
7. Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
8. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment