On this rainy 4th of July I had to improvise when it came to some of the food I had planned to cook on the grill. Corn on the Cob was one of these casualties, but after I found a 'Magic Pot' recipe, all was well with the world! I combined this with a Smoky Cilantro Lime Butter recipe and it was SO GOOD!
Corn on the Cob in the Magic Pot
6-8 ears of corn with the husks
1. Remove all husks, reserving the tender husks near the actual cob.
2. Cut off the stems of each cobs and run under cool water.
3. Line the bottom of the magic pot with the tender husks.
4. Place corn carefully in pot, then top with other tender husks.
5. Add 1/4 cup water and cover.
6. Microwave 8-10 minutes.
Want to top it with some good butter sauce??
Smoky Lime Butter
* 1/2 cup butter or margarine
* 1 lime
* 1-2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
* 1/2 tsp. salt
* 1/2 tsp. red pepper
* 1/4 tsp. black pepper
1. Melt butter.
2. Add remaining ingredients and stir until combined.
3. Serve with warm corn.