Saturday, January 18, 2014

Creamy Curry Sauce

This sauce is my FAVORITE at the Melting Pot and happened to be included in the Melting Pot cookbook. It was SO good! Turns out, it also tastes just the same as the curry sauce at Pollo Tropical. Everyone who has come in contact with this sauce instantly falls in love..and no, I do not put any drugs in it! :-) Enjoy!
(Disclaimer: This recipe makes 2 cups, but I still double it because it goes by FAST and that way I can use all of the chutney at once)


Creamy Curry Sauce


Ingredients:
* 1/2 cup plain yogurt
* 1/2 cup mayonnaise (I used the reduced fat with Olive Oil kind)
* 1/2 cup mango chutney (Major Grey's recommended...can be found right by the mustards)
* 2 teaspoons minced red onion (but I use sweet onion)
* 2 teaspoons curry powder
* 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
* 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper


Directions:

1. Combine all ingredients in a food processor, or tall glass. Use the food processor to pulse to desired consistency (or use an immersion blender).

2. Pour into containers and chill, covered for at least 2 hours before serving.

3. Put on EVERYTHING!

No comments:

Post a Comment