Saturday, February 1, 2014

Crockpot Crustless Quiche (Gluten Free)

I love quiche. Until a couple of months ago, I had never made it myself and once I did, I fell in love!!! I haven't made it in a while, but decided to try it out on my teachers at school and they loved it! Trying to figure out how to keep everything hot in my office, I decided to find out if anyone had ever made quiche in the crockpot. When I found this recipe (I altered it a tad), I knew it was a go, especially since I have a gluten free friend at school, who, by the way, LOVED THIS! This one's for you Cara! Enjoy!


Crockpot Crustless Quiche


Ingredients:
* Olive oil spray/Pam
* 10 eggs, beaten
* 1 cup light cream or half & half
* 8oz. shredded cheddar cheese (I used 2%)
* 1/2 tsp black pepper
* 10 pieces cooked turkey bacon, chopped
* 1 cup chopped broccoli (optional)


Directions:
1. Spray a crockpot generously with olive oil or Pam.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the 10 eggs, 1c. cream, 8oz. Chz, 1c. broccoli and pepper. Then add to crockpot.
3. Sprinkle the cooked turkey bacon over the top of the mixture.
4. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours.
5. Check frequently so you don't overcook and dry out the quiche.
6. Enjoy!

1 comment: