This was a Pinterest find as well (here)..but next time I am definitely mixing everything before putting it in the oven. It ended up being a lot of hashbrowns with creamy mix on top and cheese.
Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole
Ingredients:*1 (2 lb.) bag frozen Hash Browns
* 8 oz. Sour cream
* 1 can cream of chicken soup
* 1 stick butter
* 1/2 C. Chopped onion
* 2 C. grated Cheddar Cheese
1. Place potatoes in 9x13 dish (or in bowl first). Salt and pepper as needed.
2. Melt butter in the microwave.
3. In a bowl add minced onions, sour cream, and cream of chicken soup, and melted butter. Mix these items together.
4. (This is where I would say mix soup mixture with potatoes and pour in greased pan, but the directions say...) Pour soup mixture over potatoes; sprinkle with Cheddar Cheese.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until all is completely warm, and the cheese begins to melt.
6. Serve Immediately. Mmm!