This recipe is a funny story. I was floating in one of the pre-k rooms during nap and was bored so I decided to flip through one of the random old magazines from the art center. It was a Southern Living magazine from fall. This recipe looked too good to pass up!
Stove-top Chicken Pot Pie
* 8 frozen biscuits (I used 1 can of crescent rolls that I sliced)
* 1 small sweet onion
* 1 T. Canola Oil
* 8 oz. fresh mushrooms
* 4 cups cooked, chopped chicken (it suggested rotisserie chicken)
* 1 (10.5 oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
* 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
* 1/2 cup dry white wine
* 4 oz. Reduced Fat cream cheese
* 1/2 envelope italian dressing mix
* 1 cup frozen peas (ew..I left this out)
1. Bake bread according to directions.
2. Saute onion in oil over medium/high until golden. (~5 minutes)
3. Add mushrooms and saute another 5 minutes, or so.
4. Stir in chicken and the rest of the ingredients. Stir continuously (until all cream cheese is melted), then cook 2 minutes.
5. Serve over bread. YUM!