Sunday, October 13, 2013

Crock Pot Apple Crisp

My grandma (who is an AMAZING cook) came in town yesterday and I had the privelage of cooking for her in my own home. This was something I stressed about for weeks since I have never had the honor to do this! I went round and round about what I would cook and settled on some reliable desserts, but then a new one to try. This was my new recipe to try! The original recipe can be found here. I ran into a few troubles. Namely, after I started mixing I realized I didn't have quick oats. Not sure how much this effected the outcome, but I read that quick oats are a waste of time anyway, so I just used Old Fashioned. I also had the problem of way too much topping. That is up for debate as I feel like you can never really have too much topping, but ya. Finally, the apples were a bit mushy. My grandma suggested that if I wanted more crisp apples to throw in some Macintosh, though she assured me she enjoyed the mushiness. :-) Now for the recipe!


Crock Pot Apple Crisp

Ingredients:
* 8-10 Jonathan apples, cored/peeled/sliced (6 cups)
* 1 1/2 cup flour
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 1 cup brown sugar
* 1 cup quick oats (or Old Fashioned)
* 3 tsp. cinnamon
* 3/4 cup butter, melted


Directions:

1. Spray 6qt. crock pot with non-stick spray.

2. Carefully add at least 6 cups of apples to crock pot.

3. Mix remaining ingredients except butter. 

4. Add butter last and pour over apples.

5. Cover crock pot with a towel (to help with catching moisture) before placing lid on.

6. Cook on high for 2 1/2 hours, then change to warm until ready to serve.

7. Serve with ice cream! Butter Pecan is best!




No comments:

Post a Comment