This post is a bit late, but better late than never! For Brian's birthday dinner this year, he found this recipe and asked that I make it for him. He LOVES lasagna, and especially cheesy lasagna, which this definitey was. I actually really liked this recipe and the ease of it all gives my normal lasagna recipe a run for it's money! This is a must try! The original recipe can be found here.
* 1 lb. lean ground beef
* 4 cups tomato basil sauce (I used whatever I had on hand)
* 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
* 1 (15oz.) container ricotta cheese
* 10oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded
* 1/4 cup hot water
1. Brown beef in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Stir in pasta sauce.
3. Spread 1/4 of meat mixture in the bottom of a lightly greased 11x7 baking dish.
4. Layer 3 noodles and 1/3 of ricotta mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella.
5. Repeat the process twice. On top layer add more sauce.
6. Add 1/4 cup hot water to edge of pan, then tightly cover with 2 layers of aluminum foil.
7. Bake in 375 degree oven for 45-60 minutes. (Make sure to check on it!)
8. Uncover, then add last bit of mozzarella cheese to top. Bake uncovered another 10 minutes.
8. Best enjoyed with cheesy garlic bread and Robertson King wine (from the Sumner Crest Winery).