Thursday, May 27, 2010

Bacon-Bundled BBQ Shrimp by Hungry-Girl

I have yet to try a recipe by Hungry Girl that I don't like!! This one is very tasty as well and at 3WWPP per 4 shrimp...you just can't go wrong!

You can find this recipe in Hungry Girl 200 Under 200, page 85.




Bacon-Bundled BBQ Shrimp

Ingredients:
*16 large (not jumbo) raw shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails removed (I boiled my shrimp a bit since my bacon was already cooked)
*8 slices extra-lean turkey bacon, halved widthwise (I used normal Oscar Meyer pre-cooked bacon)
*1/3 cup canned tomato sauce
*3 tablespoons ketchup
*1 tablespoon brown sugar (not packed)
*1 tablespoon cider vinegar
*1/2 teaspoon garlic powder


Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

2. Combine all ingredients but shrimp and bacon in a bowl and set aside.

3. Lightly spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray (I covered a baking sheet with a nonstick sheet and did this). Dip each half of bacon in sauce and wrap the shrimp and place it seam side down on sheet. After they are all placed on sheet, spray with nonstick spray.

4. Bake in oven until shrimp are cooked through and bacon crispy, about 10-15 minutes. (Since mine were already cooked I let them in the oven 5-8 minutes.


Breakdown:
Per 4 shrimp: 3 WWPP
116 calories
1.75g fat
587mg sodium
7g carbs
less than .5g fiber
6g sugar
16g protein


No comments:

Post a Comment