I LOVE HUNGRY GIRL! This may well be one of the BEST recipes for something sweet with barely any points I have EVER made or eaten!! YUUUUUUMMM-o! Only 3 pointsplus per muffin!!
This recipe can be found in Hungry Girl 200 under 200 on page 206.
Crazy-Crumbly Super-Yummy Coffee Cakes
*2 cups moist-style yellow cake mix
*3/4 cup fat-free/reduced-fat sour cream
*1/4 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute
*1/4 cup sugar-free calorie-free hazelnut syrup (I used apple sauce instead)
*1 teaspoon cinnamon
For Crumb Topping:
*1 cup bran
*2 tbsp. + 2 tsp. egg beaters
*2 tbsp. + 2 tsp. sugar free applesauce
*2 tbsp. Splenda No Calorie Sweetener (granulated)
*2 tsp. brown sugar (not packed)
*2 tsp. cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. To make the crumb topping, grind bran in a food processor/blender (In this case I grounded it) to a breadcrumb-like consistency.
3. Transfer crumbs to medium bowl and add all of the other topping ingredients. Use fork or similar tool to break up mixture into crumbles and set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the cupcake ingredients. Stir until blended and free of lumps.
5. Line 12 muffin cups in a pan with baking cups, and/or spray with nonstick spray. Evenly distribute cake mixture among the 12 cups. Evenly top each cupcake with crumb mixture.
5. Bake in oven about 15-20 minutes or until toothpick passes the test. Allow cupcakes to cool before removing from pan.
6. Makes 12 servings..YUMMY!
per 1 muffin: 3WWPP