Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Turkey Chili Picante

I got this recipe from my aunt and it is VERY tasty and not too many points, if you are doing weight watchers!

Turkey Chili Picante


Ingredients:
*1 pound reduced fat ground turkey
*1 large onion, chopped
*2 garlic cloves, minced
*2 (16 oz.) cans red kidney or pinto beans
*1 cup Pace Picante sauce (I used kroger brand salsa)
*1 large green pepper, coarsely chopped (I accidentally left this out)
*2 teaspoons ground cumin
*1/2 teaspoon crushed oregano leaves
*1/4 teaspoon pepper
*1/4 teaspoon crushed basil leaves
*1/4 teaspoon crushed thyme leaves
*1 (8 oz.) can whole kernel shoepeg corn
*1 can/jar mushroom (I added this)
*1/2 cup chopped cilantro (this wasn't available when I made it)


Directions:

1. Cook turkey, onion and garlic in large saucepan until turkey is no longer pink. (I did it in a skillet then added to large pan)


2. Drain beans, corn and mushrooms.


3. Add drained veggies.


4. Add tomato sauce and salsa.


5. Add spices.


6. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered 25 minutes.

*7. If you add cilantro, add it last and simmer additional 5 minutes.

Makes 8 cups at ~5 points per cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment