Friday, November 25, 2011

Corn Pudding

I was in charge of the corn side this Thanksgiving, so I decided to try out yet another Pinterest recipe. This one was yummy and turned out kind of like a corn souffle, which we LOVE! The recipe originally came from here, and I pretty much followed it to a T.

Corn Pudding

Ingredients:

* 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, melted (plus more for the pan)
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 8 eggs, beaten
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/2 cup flour
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 4 cups 2% milk
* 4 cups corn (we used 36 oz. thawed corn)


Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 and butter a 9x13 dish well.

2. In a large bowl combine melted butter with sugar and mix well.


3. Beat in eggs, then add baking powder, flour and salt.


4. Stir in milk, then add corn and stir to combine.


5. Pour into prepared dish (I did this IN the oven to minimize spillage getting it TO the oven).


6. Bake 50 minutes to 1 hour or until the pudding just begins to brown on the top and when nudged the corn jiggles a bit.

7. Serve immediately or cool and reheat for 15 minutes prior to serving. (I just kept mine in my hot bag and it was fine!)

No comments:

Post a Comment