Friday, November 25, 2011

Lemon Chess Pie

My dad doesn't like pumpkin pie, so for Thanksgiving this year I tried something outside of pecan pie...and it was yummy! The recipe came from here, again, thanks to pinterest. I used a store-bought pie crust instead of making my own, so I used this video tutorial on finishing the crust in a design!


Lemon Chess Pie
Ingredients:
  • *6 tablespoons butter (melted)
  • *3/4 cup fresh lemon juice; the juice from about 3 lemons (I used a little less)
  • * 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • * 1 2/3 cups sugar
  • * 1 tablespoon cornmeal
  • * 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
  • * 5 large eggs
  • * Pillsbury Pie Crust

Directions:

1. Unroll your Pillsbury pie crust onto your pie plate. Fix the edges how you want them (I used the crinkle method).


2. Stick the crust back in the fridge to cool.


2. Juice lemons, then stir all ingredients (besides pie crust). Whisk until well combined.


3. Pour filling into chilled pie shell. (I went on and put the shell on the bottom rack in the oven and poured the filling that way so I didn't have to try to balance it into the oven).


4. Bake in preheated oven on bottom rack for 45-50 minutes, or until the center is set and the top is golden brown. (I used a crust shield so the crust wouldn't overcook)


5. Remove pie from oven and let cool before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment