The real name for this recipe is "Savory Pumpkin Grilled Cheese", but if you say that you will most likely lose some eaters. Surprisingly there is NO trace of pumpkin in this sandwich! In fact, I tested on my hubby. He asked what was in it, and I told him I couldn't tell him because then he may not eat it anymore, but little did he know there was pumpkin AND laughing cow cheese in it! (He also says he doesn't like the laughing cow, which is obscene!) Soooo..here is the recipe..I only made a couple changes.
Surprise Grilled Cheese
by: Hungry Girl via E-mail Newsletter
*1/4 cup chopped onion
* 1/4 cup pureed pumpkin
* 1 laughing cow wedge
* 3-4 dashes Cayenne Pepper (Original is 2)
* 1 dash of pepper
* 4 slices of bread
* Buttery Spread
* 2 slices 2% cheese
1. Bring skillet warm over medium heat. Spray with nonstick butter spray and saute onions about 2 minutes.
2. Add onion, pumpkin, LC wedge, and peppers in a bowl and mix well.
3. Butter 2 slices of bread. Add pumpkin mixture to bread to create 2 sandwiches and top each with a slice of cheese.
4. Toast the sandwich in same skillet as onions, about 2 minutes per side. *Be sure to flip carefully.
5. Enjoy with chili or tomato soup.