Saturday, January 21, 2012

HG BBQ Beef Cups (Or Burger Cups)

So my mom stole my BBQ sauce and I didn't realize it was gone until halfway through this recipe! So..I had to change it up a bit..so they became more like cheeseburger cups then BBQ cups. They were actually really good! Brian gives them 4 out of 5 stars. Next time I will try them with the actual BBQ sauce. It comes from Hungry Girl 1-2-3, p. 96. I served these babies up with some baked beans and Slammin' Slaw.


Backyard BBQ Beef Cups

Ingredients:
* 12oz. raw extra-lean ground beef
* 1 small onion, finely chopped
* 3/4 cup bbq sauce (I used about 1/4-1/3 cup ketchup and 2-3T. mustard)
* 1 package Pillsbury Crescent Recipe Creations Seamless Dough Sheet


Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 375. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
2. Bring a large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Add beef and onion. Stir frequently and cook until beef is crumbled and browned, and onion is soft, about 8-10 minutes.

3. Reduce heat to low and stir in 3/4c. bbq sauce (Or ketchup/mustard mixture). Stir until coated.

4. Roll out dough and cut into 12 squares (4 down and 3 across). Press each square into muffin cup to create a 'cup'.

5. Evenly distribute meat mix. Bake 12-15 minutes until golden brown.

6. I added cheese while hot, then let cool then ENJOY!


Breakdown (per 1/12):
125 calories
4g fat
321mg sodium
15g carbs
<.5g fiber
7g sugar
7g protein
3WWPP



No comments:

Post a Comment