MmmmMMmm! Italian night! This dish came from Hungry Girl 1-2-3 (p. 60). I prefer the oven method, but decided to give the pan a try. Brian liked it, so it's a keeper! I paired it with spaghetti squash to make it an utterly low point meal!
HG Pan-Fried Chicken Parm
* 2 (4oz.) raw boneless skinless lean chicken breast cutlets
* 1/2 cup Fiber One cereal
* 1 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
* 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, divided
* 1/8 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 cup canned tomato sauce with italian seasoning (or your own spaghetti sauce)
* 1/4 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute
* 1/2 cup shredded reduced fat mozzarella
* Optional: black pepper
1. Place chicken in large sealable plastic bag, and removing as much air as possible, seal the bag. Carefully pound chicken until even. (I decided to just cut each breast in half because mine were rather flat already).
2. Using a blender, grind Fiber One to crumb-like consistency. In a medium bowl, combine crumbs with italian seasoning, 1/4t. garlic powder, 1/4t. onion powder, and salt. Add spices as you like. Mix well.
3. In a small bowl mix tomato sauce with 1/4t. garlic powder and 1/4t. onion powder (or just use your own, like I did).
4. Place egg substitute in bowl and coat raw chicken very well on both sides.
5.Dip chicken into crumbs and coat on both sides.
6. Spray a large skillet with nonstick spray and bring to medium-high heat. Place chicken in skillet and cook for 4 minutes on each side, or until chicken is cooked through.
7. Once chicken is fully cooked, spread 2T. sauce over each cutlet, then sprinkle cheese evenly over cutlets. Reduce heat to low, cover skilled and cook 2-3 minutes until cheese has melted.
Breakdown (4 oz. chicken..Since I cut mine in half it would be per 2):