Tuesday, January 17, 2012

HG Corndog Millionaire Muffins

So this recipe came from Hungry Girl 1-2-3 (p. 250), and looked like a good addition to my "cook out" inside dinner! THEY WERE AWESOME! Sometimes when I talk about Hungry Girl recipes on here I think I sound redundant because I like almost everything I make! But I promise you, they are all fan-tab-ulous! Brian gives these muffins 4 out of 5 stars! ....and I even reduced the point value by preparing 10 muffins instead of 8, reducing the WWPP value to 3! WOO!


HG Corndog Millionaire Muffins


Ingredients:
* 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
* 2 1/2 Tablespoons Splenda
* 2 1/2 Tablespoons Sugar
* 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup canned cream-style corn
* 1/2 cup fat-free egg substitute
* 1/2 cup fat free sour cream
* 7 fat-free or light franks (I used 5)


Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 375.

2. Combine 2/3c. all-purpose flour, 1/2c. yellow cornmeal, 2 1/2 Tablespoons Splenda, 2 1/2 Tablespoons Sugar, 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Mix well and set aside.


3. In a separate bowl mix 1c. corn, 1/2c. egg sub., 1/2c. sour cream. Stir thoroughly.

4. Add contents of the small bowl to the large one and stir until completely mixed.

5. Slice 4 hot dogs into small pieces (leaving the 5th for the topping).

6. Slice last hotdog in thin slices.

7. Distribute mixture between 8 (I did 10) sprayed muffin cups and top with 2-3 hot dog slices.

8. Bake for 15-20 minutes (mine were closer to 20) and enjoy!



Breakdown (1/8):
160 calories
2g fat
636mg sodium
27g carbs
1g fiber
6.5g sugar
9g protein
4WWPP



***I made a mini version of these for the superbowl and they were fantastic! They averaged in at under a point a piece! I daresay, per 2 mini muffins=1WWPP because I only really got in 1 tiny piece of hotdog per muffin..we froze the extra for easy access..YUM!***

******



No comments:

Post a Comment