Friday, January 13, 2012

Stefy Chili

This is my FAVORITE chili-soup. I got this recipe from one of my roommates at MTSU, Stephanie Bates. She used to make it with cornbread (which I had never had the 2 paired together before) and I LOVED IT! When it was time to move out I just had to get the recipe, and now I make it at least 3 times every winter. Since today was a "snow" day, I decided this was the perfect day to make it!! I paired with my HG Cheesy Cornbread Muffins and made HG Candyland Pie (deconstructed). It was the perfect meal for a "chili" day!



Stefy Chili

Ingredients:
* 1 lb. ground beef (to lighten this up a bit I just used 8 oz. LEAN ground beef)
* (16oz.) can tomatoes with onion and garlic
* 1 can red beans (drained)
* 1 can chili beans (NOT drained)
* 1 (8oz.) can tomato sauce
* 2 tsp. chili powder
* 1/2 tsp. salt
* 2/3 cup ketchup
* 1 1/2 cans water (swished in the previous cans)


Directions:

 1. Brown ground beef in stock pot.

 2. Combine remaining ingredients in the pot.

 3. Let simmer 30-40 minutes. Stir occasionally.

 4. ENJOY!!

Breakdown: per 1 cup (if made with 8oz. LEAN meat)= 4WWPP

No comments:

Post a Comment