Hungry Girl's Cheesy-Good Cornbread Muffins
From Hungry Girl's 200 Under 200: 200 Recipes Under 200 Calories (p.91)
* 1 cup canned cream-style corn
* 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
* 1/2 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute
* 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
* 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
* 1/4 cup scallions (I substituted jalopenos! MMM!)
* 2 Tbsp. Splenda (I used Truvia)
* 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
* 1/4 tsp. salt
*OPTIONAL: 1/4 tsp. hot sauce (I skipped this)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, Splenda (or whatever), baking powder, and salt until well mixed.
3. In a small bowl, mix together all of the other ingredients: corn, egg su
bstitute, sour cream, cheese, and scallions (or jalapeños).
4. Add contents of the small bowl to the large bowl and stir until mixed thoroughly.
5. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with baking cups and/or spray with nonstick spray. Evenly distribute muffin batter among the cups.
6. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until muffins are firm and light golden brown. Allow to cool for a few minutes, and enjoy!
2 POINTS PLUS WW POINTS!!