Monday, January 24, 2011

Fettuccine Hungry Girlfredo

Hallelujah..PRAISE JESUS! These tofu noodles are AWESOMELY amazing! I haven't been THIS excited since I learned about Hungry Girl in the first place!
This recipe comes from Lisa Lillien's book, Hungry Girl: Recipes and Survival Strategies for Guilt-Free Eating in the Real World (p.257). She has several recipes using the Tofu Shirataki noodles. Let me be the first to tell you that tofu really freaked me out. The curiosity got the best of me, though, and I finally broke out of my shell and grabbed some (the fact they were barely over a dollar didn't hurt me either!) I know it's weird and very different, but it is SO easy and
almost fool-proof...so what are you waiting for?? GO GET SOME OF THOSE CRAZY NOODLES and prepare for this recipe!!

Fettuccine Hungry Girlfredo

Ingredients:
* 1 package House Foods Tofu Shirataki, Fettuccine Shape
* 1/2 wedge The Laughing Cow, light original swiss (I used the whole thing, only ~15 more cal)
* 2 teaspoons reduced-fat parmesan-style grated topping
* 1 teaspoon fat-free sour cream
* Salt and pepper to taste
* (optional) I threw in some of my Melting Pot seasoning..or just garlic powder/salt


Directions:

1. Rinse and drain the shirataki noodles well. Pat dry. Place noodles in microwave-safe dish and microwave for 1 minute.

2. Drain excess liquid from noodles and pat them until thoroughly dry. Slice noodles up a big for fettuccini-length pieces. (I didn't cut my noodles.)


3. Add cheese, grated Parmesan, and sour cream. Mix well.
4. Microwave 1 minute. Add seasonings and stir. ENJOY!!!



Nutrition Breakdown:
per serving (entire recipe)
Calories- 81
Fat- 8g
Sodium- 242mg
Carbs- 9g
Fiber- 4g
Sugars-less than 1g
Protein- 4g

PointsPlus: 2

No comments:

Post a Comment