Monday, January 31, 2011

Taco Soup Crockpot (No Meat)



So this is a rendition of the original taco soup recipe I usually make, but with no meat--which means less points! I also decided, what the hey? let's throw that sucker in the crock pot! Which is exactly what I did! This recipe is a bigger size because well..I loveeeeeeee taco soup and the leftovers only get better!

Taco Soup *Crockpot Style*

Ingredients:
* 2 (15 oz.) cans diced tomatoes with chilies (Medium)
* 2 (15 oz.) cans pinto beans, kidney beans or red beans, (or a combo);rinsed and drained
* 2 cans mushrooms
* 2 cups frozen corn
* 2 pkg. taco seasoning mix
* 4 cups water (I like to pour through the tomato cans)
* 1 tbsp. truvia (splenda works too)

Directions:
1. Place all ingredients into a lined crock pot.

2. Cook on low heat about 6 hours.

3. ENJOY!


Breakdown
Each 1 cup serving comes out to about 2.5 WWPP. Just to be safe, I say 3 points per cup!

No comments:

Post a Comment