* 1 T. canola oil
* 1/2 cup diced onion (I used sweet)
* 3 garlic cloves, minced (I used 1 1/2 t. refrigerated garlic)
* 1/4 cup finely chopped red, yellow, orange or green pepper
* 1 pound firm or extra-firm tofu, drained and lightly pressed
* 1/2 t. red pepper flakes (I left this out)
* 2 t. ground cumin
* 1 t. dried thyme (I left this out)
* 1 t. paprika
* 1/2 t. turmeric
* 1/2 t. sea salt
* 1/2 cup tomato, chopped
* 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1. Drain and press the tofu.
2. Heat oil over medium-high heat, add the onions and saute for 2 minutes.
3. Add the garlic and peppers and saute an additional1 minute.
4. Crumble the tofu into the skillet. The chunks should be small/medium so they will cook evenly. Mix in all the spices and mix until tofu is coated evenly.
5. Add the tomatoes and cook 5-10 minutes, depending on desired texture.
6. Remove from heat. Add nutritional yeast and thoroughly combine.
7. Serve warm.
*I served mine up with a veggie sausage patty! 1/4 of the recipe is about 3 WW PP.