Thursday, February 10, 2011

Cheesy Creamy Spinach --Lizzy Original

So this recipe came about when I was making spinach stuffed chicken and I had a good cup and a half of spinach left. My boyfriend said he loved creamed spinach, and it made me think, well so do I..so what can I do about it? Make a creamed spinach that is point-friendly, of course!!


Cheesy Creamy Spinach

Ingredients:
*2 blocks of spinach, thawed and strained
* 1 small can mushrooms
* 1/2 cup lowfat ricotta
* 1/2 cup low fat parmesan cheese, divided into 1/4 c.
* 2 laughing cow wedges (I use 1 swiss and 1 mozzarella, sundried tomato basil)
* 1 lite string cheese
* Salt and pepper to taste


Directions:
1. Add mushrooms to spinach and stir.


2. Add 1/4 c. of the parm, ricotta, laughing cow, salt and pepper. Stir.


3. Check out this fun trick..put your string cheese in a blender, and do a quick shred. (THIS IS GREAT FOR ALL RECIPES NEEDING A KICK!)


4. Viola! Shredded string cheese..easier for melting, etc. Now add that to the spinach mixture.


5. Make sure everything is blended nicely and flatten top.


6. Top with remaining 1/4 cup parm.


7. Bake in 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes. Enjoy!



The breakdown
per 1/2 cup-3 WWPP



No comments:

Post a Comment