Friday, February 25, 2011

Quick-Fix White Chicken Chili

Quick-Fix White Chicken Chili





This recipe comes from my new favorite cookbook (I know, I know..it's actually NOT Hungry Girl! But no worries, I have Hungry Girl's new book on pre-order thanks to my Barnes and Noble groupon!)
This cookbook even has WW points listed along with nutrition, but, unfortunately they are from the old system. My black bean recipe came from it! (This recipe is on page 167)





Ingredients:

2 tsp. canola oil

1 medium onion, diced

1 tsp. minced garlic

1 ½ tsp. ground cumin

¾ tsp. dried oregano

1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper

1 (14 oz. can) or 2 cups reduced sodium chick broth

1 (4 oz.) can chopped green chilies

2 (15 oz.) cans white beans (cannellini)

2 large chicken breast

1/3 c. chopped cilantro

1 c. RF Mexican blended cheese (optional)


Directions:

1. Boil 2 chicken breasts in water with seasonings for 20 minutes. Let cool and shred chicken breasts with 2 forks. (I learned this here)


2. Heat the oil over medium heat in a large saucepan. Add the onion and sauté for 4-5 minutes or until slightly softened. Add the garlic, cumin, oregano, and cayenne pepper and sauté 1 minute.


3. Stir in the broth, green chilis, beans and chicken. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes. Top with cilantro and cheese (optional) ORRRR

4. Whip up some pico! I just used a can of petite tomatoes, lime juice and cilantro and topped my chili with this..and it was GREAT!



Breakdown:

210 calories

17g carbs

6g fat

21g protein

6g fiber

85mg cholesterol

80mg sodium

((5WWPP))


No comments:

Post a Comment