Saturday, February 19, 2011

HG Holy Moly Guacamole

Ok...so I know what you are all thinking (after you read the recipe)..peas?!? I must admit I was VERY apprehensive about this as well. Especially since I HATE peas..but I promise you..you will have NO idea they are there! My dad hates them as well..sooo, I didn't tell anyone about the ingredients; served the guac; and after the meal was over and everyone went on about how great the guac was..I told them the secret ingredients. No one could believe it!! So what are you waitin for? Get to mashin'! (FYI, this recipe can be found in Hungry Girl 200 Under 200, page 112)


Holy Moly Guacamole



Ingredients:

* 1 (15 oz.) can early (young) peas, drained
* 1/2 c. mashed avocado (~ 1 med./sm. avocado)
* 1/3 c. chopped cherry or grape tomatoes
* 1/4 c. finely chopped onion
* 1/4 c. plain fat-free greek yogurt
* 4 tsp. lime juice
* 1/2 tsp. chopped garlic
* 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
* 1/4 tsp. salt
* 1/8 tsp. black pepper
* 1/8 tsp. ground cumin
* 1/8 tsp. chili powder
* Optional (I used): Cilantro
* Optional: Jarred jalapenos


Directions:

1. Place peas in medium bowl and mash thoroughly with a potato masher or fork.

2. Add avocado, yogurt, lime juice, garlic, garlic powder, salt, pepper, cumin, and chili powder and mash until blended.

3. Stir in tomatoes, onion and optional ingredients.

4. ENJOY!


Breakdown:
Per 1/3 cup serving (2WWPP):
78 calories
3g fat
320 mg sodium
10.5g carbs
3.5g fiber
4g sugars
3.5g protein

No comments:

Post a Comment