This recipe came from the book Eat What You Love and can be found on page 288. This recipe was VERY good! Try it for an easy twist on a normal dish.
Simple Southwest Black Beans
* 1 tsp. olive oil
* 1/2 c. chopped onion
* 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained
* 1/2 c. prepared salsa
* 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
* 1-2 T. finely chopped fresh cilantro (Optional)
1. In a medium saucepan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Saute the onion until tender, about 3 minutes. Add the beans and salsa.
2. Stir to warm the beans thoroughly. Add the cumin and continue to stir until hot.
3. Before serving, sprinkle with cilantro.
Per 1/2 cup serving (2 WWPP):