Sunday, February 20, 2011

HG Fiesta Tropical Fruit Salsa

I was going to make this recipe with my mexican meal last night, but time ran out because I started cooking too late. Sooo, since I had more time today, I made it. It, offfff course, was a big hit! I must be honest, I had no idea how to pick or slice/peel a mango, so I got my info here.

This recipe comes from Hungry Girl Recipes and Survival Strategies for Guilt-Free Eating in the Real World, page 206. (Note: I change the recipe a bit)


Fiesta Tropical Fruit Salsa


Ingredients:
* 1 diced mango (medium)
* 1 c. diced pineapple
* 1/4 c. sweet onion
* 1/3 c. red pepper, diced
* 2 Tbsp. sliced scallions
* 3 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped (fresh)
* Juice of 2 limes
* Dash of salt


Directions:
1. In a medium bowl, stir together all of the ingredients.
2. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour. (I served immediately and it was good!)


Breakdown:
Per 1/2 c. (0WWPP--if you are doing the points plus because it is all fruit n veggie, 1 WWPP otherwise)
46 calories
less than 0.5g fat
29mg sodium
12g carbs
1.5g fiber
9g sugar
1g protein

No comments:

Post a Comment