I have become a HUGE fan of my convection/rotisserie machine! I made a whole chicken last week and this week I tried out some pork loin! I was on the search for a good recipe..and this one was pretty good. I cooked it too long though, but the glaze was amazing! I even added some of the glaze to my carrots! The recipe came from About.com, but I changed some things around. (Also, the pictures show the recipe cut in half because I only had a 3lb. pork)
Bourbon Rotisserie Pork Roast
*5-6lb. pork shoulder
* 2 Tbsp. light brown sugar
* 2 tsp. pepper
* 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
* 1 tsp. garlic powder
* 1 tsp. onion powder
* 1 cup bourbon
* 1/2 cup light brown sugar
* 1 small onion
* 1/4 cup ketchup
* 1/4 cup corn syrup
* 2Tbsp. brown mustard
1. Mix rub ingredients and rub down pork.
2. Wrap in plastic wrap and regrigerate 12-15 hours.
3. Let meat stand at room temperature 30-45 minutes before rotisser-ing.
4. While meat is 'resting' puree onion with bourbon in a blender.
5. Add remaining ingredients and blend. Set aside.
6. Secure roast in rotisserie machie. Cook 1 hour, then every 20 minutes glaze with bourbon sauce.
7. Do this 2-3 more hours or until internal temp reaches 175.
8. Once done, let sit 20 minutes under foil before slicing and serving.