I found this recipe in one of my Betty Crocker newsletter emails and pinned it on Pinterest. They were SO good I made them again for St. Patty's day and added green food dye to the batter and white chocolate. These are HIGHLY recommended..but also HIGHLY addictive!! ENJOY!
White Hot Chocolate Cupcakes
* 14oz. white chocolate baking bars
* 1 box of white cake mix
* water, oil and eggs called for in the cake recipe on the box
* 12 large marshmellows, cut in half
1. Prepare cake as directed on box.
2. Microwave 4oz. of white chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals (stirring). Stir into the cake batter.
3. Evenly distribute batter between 24, muffin tin lined, cupcakes.
4. Bake as directed on box of cake mix. Cool 5 minutes in muffin tins.
5. Remove from tin and cook on rack until completely cool.
6. Microwave remaining 10oz. in 30 second intervals until completely melted and smooth.
7. Dip cupcake tops in white chocolate. Arrange dipped cupcakes on a cookie sheet and refrigerate about 10 minutes.
8. Set oven control to broil, line cookie sheet with parchment (I used foil), and arrange marshmellows sticky side down. Broil 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 2-3 minutes.
9. Slide one marshmellow onto each cucpake.
10. Sprinkle with cocoa powder.
12. St. Patty's day version.
Breakdown (per cupcake) 6WWPP: