I am new to cooked carrots, and so far this is my favorite recipe. I HATED cooked carrots as a kid..but I'm starting to really enjoy them! I didn't have carrot chips, so I used baby carrots and cut them in fourths. I paired these with the Stove Top Chicken Pot Pie and some spinach. MmmmMMM!! SO GOOD! (Eat What You Love, page 254)
Maple-Glazed Carrot Coins
* 2 tsp. light butter
* 1 (10oz.) bag carrot chips
* 1/3 cup sugar-free maple syrup
* ~ 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-high.
2. Add the carrots and saute for 3 minutes. Pour syrup and sprinkle cinnamon over the carrots. Stir well and cover continuing to cook 5 additional minutes until the carrots are crisp and tender. Remove the lid and stir even to coat carrots with glaze before serving.
Breakdown (1/2 cup):