Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Disney Sugar Cookies

A while back I found a recipe online for "Disney" sugar cookies and pinned it. I've been dying to try it, so I gave it a go for my Christmas cookie bake-a-rama. These were actually VERY close to the real thing and I was SO excited and surprised! The only difference is that these cookies are very cake-y and don't have a crispy outer layer, like the Disney cookies do. I think I used light butter or margarine, so that might have effected the texture too. Either way, these are a must make if you love Disney World sugar cookies! The original recipe can be found here


Disney Sugar Cookies

Ingredients:
* 3/4 cup white sugar
*1/4 cup powdered sugar
*1/4 cup brown sugar (if you prefer less of a brown sugar/caramelized taste, sub white sugar for this)
*1 Tablespoon of vanilla extract
* 2 eggs
* 1 cup melted butter
* 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* Sprinkles or rock sugar(optional, your choosing)


Directions:

1. Preheat your oven to 375F.

2. In a large bowl, mix first 6 ingredients.

3. In a separate smaller bowl, combine the rest except for the sprinkles/rock sugar.

4. Using a mixer, slowly add your small bowl flour mix to the wet ingredients until a sticky dough forms.

5. Create rounded spoonfuls or mounds. I made 6 large rounds and added my sprinkles/sugar to the tops of each. Place on a nonstick cookie sheet.

6. Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden brown on the edges.

No comments:

Post a Comment