I pinned this on Pinterest a while ago and actually made it back in November, but haven't had a chance to blog it until now. I made this for a teacher luncheon, which is why I changed the name. The original recipe can be found here. I made a few changes to "lighten" up this dish, though it was still very rich!
Pumpkin Better Than *Anything* Cake
* 1 box yellow cake mix
* 1 (15oz.) can pumpkin puree (not pie mix)
* 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
* 1 (14oz.) can sweetened condensed milk, fat free
* 8 oz. cool whip, fat free
* 1/2 bag of Heath Bar Bits
1. In a large bowl, mix the cake mix, 1t. spice, and pumpkin puree until a batter forms.
2. Pour batter into a greased 9x13 dish and bake at 350 about 23-28 minutes.
3. Remove cake from oven and let cool for about 10 minutes.
4. Poke holes in the cake using the end of a wooden spoon.
5. Pour the sweetened condensed milk over cake, filling in the holes and soaking into the cake.
6. Put cake in the refrigerator 30 minutes.
7. Remove cake from the fridge and spread cool whip over the top of the cake.
8. Sprinkle heath over cake and refrigerate overnight, or at least 3-4 hours.