I made these for my daddy for Father's Day! They were quite tasty and rather large for their point value. Yumm-y! You can find the regular recipe here.
HG Pretzel Chocolate Softies
* 1/4 cup brown sugar (not packed)
* 2 Tbsp. Truvia
* 2 Tbsp. light buttery spread, room temperature
* 2 Tbsp. no-sugar-added applesauce
* 2 tbsp. egg substitute
* 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
* 1/3 cup whole-wheat flour
* 2 packets diet hot cocoa mix
* 1/4 tsp. baking powder
* 1/8 tsp. salt
* 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
* 24 thin salted pretzel sticks, broken into very small pieces
* 2 Tbsp. mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350. Cover a baking sheet and spray with nonstick spray.
2. In a medium bowl, thoroughly whisk 1/4c. brown sugar, 2T. truvia, 2T. butter, 2T. applesauce, 2T. egg substitute, and 1/4t. vanilla extract.
3. Add 1/4c. flour, 2 cocoa mix packets, 1/4t. baking powder, and 1/8t. salt, and stir until smooth.
4. Mix in 1/2c. oats.
5. Spoon batter onto cookie sheet in 6 evenly spaced mounds. Spread and flatten into 3-inch circles. Sprinkle pretzel pieces over batter and gently pat to adhere.
6. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a softie comes out clean, about 10 minutes.
7. In a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave chocolate chips at 50% power for 1 minute. Stir and microwave at 50% power for 30 seconds; repeat, as needed, until melted.
8. Stir melted chocolate and drizzle over softies. Enjoy immediately or refrigerate until chocolate drizzle is firm!
Breakdown (1/6): 3WWPP