Zucchini is in season..so I had to give this recipe a try! I'm not a big fan of zucchini, but I thought if I sliced it thin enough it would be good..and I was right! I free-handed this recipe with help from other recipes. Here it is!
* 2 large zucchinis
* 1/2 cup egg substitute
* 1 (15oz.) container of Part Skim ricotta
* 2 1/2 cups part skim shredded mozzarella
* 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
* 3 cups Prego Traditional sauce
* Mushrooms (optional)
1. Broil each zucchini for 2-3 minutes.
2. Using a vegetable peeler, peel ribbons off of the zucchini and place in a long tray with salt to allow the zucchini to "cry". Once all the zucchini are ribboned, salt down and let sit at least 10 minutes. Blot with a paper towel to collect excess liquid. **This step is VERY important..even after doing this your lasagna will still be a bit watery, so blot as much as possible**
3. Meanwhile mix entire container of riccotta with 1/2c. egg sub, 2c. mozzarella, and 1/2c. parm cheese.
4. Spread 1c. sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
5. Lay zucchini ribbons slightly overlapping over sauce.
6. Carefully spread 1/3 of cheese mixture over zucchini...topping with mushrooms. (I used my hands for this and kind of broke it up while laying it).
7. Spread 1/2c. sauce over cheese.
8. Repeat steps 5-7 twice.
9. Carefully lay a final layer of zucchini ribbons and top with 1/2c. sauce.
10. Sprinkly remaining 1/2c. cheese over top. Cover with foil and place in pre-heated oven (375). Bake 45 minutes covered, then remove foil and bake another 15 minutes.
Breakdown (1/8): 7WWPP