Sunday, October 21, 2012

Crispy Sweet Potato Fries

My new obsession. It is BAD how much I am in love with these things. I must say that this recipe was very tasty. The only down-side was that I used wayyyy too much corn starch on accident. Next time I will use the recommended amount. I only used a single potato and it was just enough for me and my husband! The original recipe can be found here.

Crispy Sweet Potato Fries



Ingredients:
* 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into fry shapes, then soaked no less than 30 minutes in water
* 1-2 Tbsp. cornstarch
* Olive Oil
* Optional: Seasonings (Salt, pepper, garlic powder, seasoned salt, etc.)


Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 425.

2. Throw cornstarch and seasonings into a bag/bowl. Shake in sweet potato fries until lightly coated (my picture was with too much, this is WAY too coated).

3. Spray a cookie sheet with olive oil spray.

4. Drizzle/spray ~1-2 T. olive oil over fries. (the more oil, the more crispy, but also fatty)

5. Mix fries on the sheet until well coated.

6. Space out fries the best you can. The space helps them crisp.

7. Cook 15 minutes. Flip and cook an additional 5 minutes or longer.

8. Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment