These are cute and easy bite-sized hush puppies! I found this recipe on Pinterest here. They ended up coming out more like tiny little cornbread muffins, but they did the job! I like mine just a tad bit sweeter, so I added some creamed-corn.
Baked Hush Puppies
* 2/3 cup yellow cornmeal
* 2/3 cup flour
* 2 tsp baking powder
* 1/2 tsp baking soda
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1 tsp sugar
* 1/3 cup onion, finely diced
* 1/8 tsp black pepper
* 1/2 cup skim milk
* 1 tsp cider vinegar
* 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
* 3 egg whites, lightly beaten
* 1/2 cup cream-style corn (optional)
Prep: Preheat oven to 425F.
1. Combine 2/3c cornmeal, 2/3c flour, 2t baking powder, 1/2t baking soda, 1/2t salt, 1t sugar, 1/3c onion, and 1/8t pepper in a mixing bowl.
2. In a separate, smaller bowl, combine the 1t vinegar with the 1/2c milk.
3. Add the milk mixture to the 2T oil, 3 egg whites, and 1/2c corn to the dry ingredients and mix until corn meal is moistened (don't over mix).
4. Spray a mini muffin tin with nonstick spray.
5. Spoon the batter evenly, placing one Tbsp into each muffin tin.
6. Bake 12-15 minutes or until the puppies are lightly browned.
7. Remove immediately from the tins.