Friday, March 21, 2014

Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole

Another teacher lunch recipe! I've never made this, but it's always a crowd pleaser. I decided to try out the recipe in the Puffy Muffin cookbook I have (p.80), since that is one of their signature dishes and the results were AMAZING! The recipe on this page is for the actual recipe, but the photos go along with the bulk recipe I used from Pinterest that can be found here. Also, the original Puffy Muffin recipe has you add the poppyseeds into the creamy mixture, sprinkle the ritz on top, then add butter. I do it a little different below...


Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole




Ingredients:

* 2 cups chicken, cooked & shredded (I use rotisserie)
* 1 cup sour cream
* 2 (10.75oz) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
* 1 Tbsp. Poppy Seeds
* 12-15 ritz crackers, crumbled
* 1/2-1 stick of butter, melted
* Rice, prepared

Directions:

Prep: Grease a 9" dish & preheat oven to 350F.

1. Combine the 1c. sour cream and both cans of cream of chicken soup in a 9" dish.

2. Add the chicken and mix.

3. In a separate bowl, mix the crumbled ritz crackers (I crumbled carefully in the package) and poppyseeds. Add the butter and mix until combined.

4. Sprinkle the cracker mix over the chicken.

4. Bake 40 min or until bubbly.

5. Serve over rice and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment