So some of my favorite recipes are the ones that are semi-homemade. Box cakes, jello mixes, mac n cheese, etc. etc. It's nice to take something simple to the next level. I had been on the hunt of a good "scalloped potato" recipe since they often go on sale for less than a dollar, and this one might just be a keeper! I made it for teacher lunch, so I quadrupeled it (which is why the pictures look like there is WAY more than what the recipe calls for. I would love to link this recipe, but it was attached to a pin, but not to a website through Pinterest. Enjoy!
Loaded Baked Potato Casserole
* 6 oz box Creamy Scalloped Potatoes
* 1/2 cup cream cheese, room temp to soften
* 1/2 cup sour cream
* 2 T butter, softened
* 1/4 cup milk
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
* 8 slices bacon, cooked, chopped, divided
Prep: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9X13 pan with oil.
1. Place potatoes in the bottom of the pan.
2. In a bowl, mix the sauce packet and 2 1/2 cups of water.
3. Add cream cheese, sour cream, butter, milk, salt and pepper. Whisk until smooth.
4. Stir in 1 cup of the cheese and half the bacon. Spoon mixture evenly over the potatoes.
5. Bake for 20 minutes.
6. Top with remaining cheese and bacon. Bake for 5 more minutes to melt cheese.