This is the first recipe I've tried from my Puffy Muffin cookbook that was give to me by my Grandmother-in-law (p.30) I plan to serve it tomorrow at my teacher lunch with Cajun Chicken & Rice Soup. This recipe made about 36 muffins, though the original recipe is about half of this. Also, this recipe is gluten free!
Corn Bread Deluxe
* 3 cups self-rising cornmeal
* 1 cup vegetable oil
* 2 cups sour cream
* 2 cups cream-style corn
* 1/4 cup onion, chopped
* 4 eggs
* 2 tsp. salt
1. Gently mix all of the ingredients by hand until combined.
2. Grease a muffin tin and place in the oven while it pre-heats to 350F.
3. Use an ice cream scoop to carefully place the batter into each muffin cup.
4. Bake in pre-heated oven for 30 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test.