This recipe is originally came from...somewhere. I actually cannot find the website where I found it, but it was written out to make 4 single portion servings in foil packets. The recipe was quite intriguing, so I decided I would try it out for teacher lunch. The results blew my expectations away! I got more feedback on this dish than any other dish to date! Only one other dish came close, and it was the homemade brownies I made to go with this meal. If you are looking for an all-in-one meal, that tastes delicious, this is it! Enjoy!
Random Chicken Casserole
* 1 box stuffing mix, any flavor
* 1 1/4 cup warm water
* 1.5 lbs. shredded rotisserie chicken, skin/fat removed
* 4-5 cups frozen broccoli cuts, thawed
* 1-1 1/2 cups sharp shredded cheese
* 5 slices of pre-cooked bacon
* Ranch dressing (for drizzling)
Prep: Pre-Heat oven to 400 and spray a large pan with olive oil spray.
1. Combine stuffing mix with water and let sit about 2-3 minutes (so the bread can soak in some of the water.
2. Press stuffing into bottom of pan.
3. Top stuffing with chicken.
4. Top chicken with broccoli.
5. Sprinkle cheese over broccoli.
6. Using kitchen shears (or hands) cut bacon and scatter over cheese.
7. Drizzle ranch over top.
8. Top with foil and place in oven for 45-60 minutes, or until heated thoroughly and cheese is melted.