Monday, April 30, 2012

Light Egg Cups

I came up with this one on my own from inspiration on Pinterest and Hungry Girl. They are quite a healthy bite for a quick breakfast during the week..which is definitely what I need! Unfortunately I didn't measure anything, so just use estimation and if you go over you can save the leftovers.

Light Egg Cups

Ingredients:
* 1 can Pillsbury Jr. Buttery Biscuits
* 2% or Fat Free Cheese
* Broccoli Slaw
* Grape Tomatoes
* Egg Whites
* Salt and Pepper (to taste)


Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375F and spray muffin tin with olive oil Mist-o.

2. Heat a hefty handful of broccoli slaw with water on the stove, cover and let get somewhat soft.

3. Press biscuits into muffin pan and lightly mist again.

4. Slice baby tomatoes placing 2 small chunks in each cup.

5. Sprinkle with cheese.

6. Add a pinch of broccoli slaw to each cup and sprinkle with cheese.

7. Fill with egg whites, but NOT TO TOP (I did this and they ran over..thank GOD for my oven liner).

8. Bake in pre-heated oven for about 10-15 minutes.

9. Take out and let cool completely before refrigerating. (I like to place mine in separate glass custard cups for easy grab-n-go breakfast).


 **Some of mine the biscuit somehow floated into the middle..but this doesn't effect the taste!




No comments:

Post a Comment